Thursday, November 24, 2011

The livin' is easy...

On a shady side street there is an old beach house... 


with a white picket fence...



come on in the gate, and see how busy I've been...



the porch lets in dappled sunshine, it's lovely!

Yes, I've been real busy reading. I finished "The Help", it was such a good read.


I'm starting to get into the "vacation" mode. Life is just so simple here, the biggest decisions are, do we go to the beach or the park this morning, and what should we make for dinner?

Seafood, of course!



We left home on tuesday as soon as Big Sister got out of school and drove straight here arriving at 5:30 wednesday. 

I'm thankful for safety on the road.

Yesterday was filled with buying groceries and settling in, also naps.

But we did make it to the beach and of all things, I forgot sunscreen! So, we're a little toasty today.


This morning Little Brother climbed into our bed at about 5:30. Neither of us could sleep after that, so we quietly got up and went to the beach to watch the sun come up.

I've always wanted to do this, glad I did.










Then, when the others woke up, we all walked to Starbucks for breakfast and swung by Whole Foods for some groceries before we came home.



Now, we're hanging out at the house waiting for evening when Grammie flys in from California.

I'm thankful for this chillin' time, it's what we needed.

Wishing you all a happy, blessed Thanksgiving! 

4 comments:

  1. The Help was such a great book! Have a great vacation and a very blssed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're in FL, too!! Rosemary Beach with Steven & Amy, Eric & Tori, and Trey & Rachelle, and we're loving the warm sunny days! Y'all look like you're having just as much fun as we are! I miss your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad "Grammie" gets to come visit yall in Florida! She'll have such fun being there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks lovely there in Florida! I'm glad you all are having a good time together. It's been nice here ,too, but it will probably get colder soon and then I will dream of Florida!

    ReplyDelete