Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sounds of Spring









































Our chicks arrived about three weeks ago. They were so much cuter, now their feathers are coming in and they look awkward. We tried to recreate the picture of my husband holding the chick as a boy…

…one of my Araucana/Americanas had a doubled under foot. Putting surgical tape on it for about two days worked wonders. 

So… we have: Araucanas, Buff Orpingtons, Cuckoo Marans, several Cochin types, they have the feathered legs, and three Top Hats. 

This winter has lasted and lasted so it really helps to have these little ones reminding me of spring!


4 comments:

  1. I Love hearing the "peep, peep" of new chicks. May these little girls have a long and happy life in your care.
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ran across your kitchen island blog on Pintrest and was enamored by your floors. I have been shopping for hardwoods like those for weeks to no avail! Would you mind sharing where you got them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ran across your blog while looking for kitchen island ideas on Pintrest. I absolutely love the wood floors in your home. I have been stressing out for weeks trying to find wood floors that fit my home and style. Would you mind sharing where you got them? You can email me directly if you would like. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them! These floors are reclaimed naily oak. The company salvages old beams from factories, the black spots are where the nails were. We love them, and they also have pine and other grades of flooring. http://mountainlumber.com Hope this helps!

      Delete