Sunday, December 16, 2012

Thoughts




On this blog I try to record the best parts of our lives, to celebrate the excellent, beautiful things of life and family. I take pictures of eggshells, for example! I think they're so pretty! If this is odd to you then I'm sorry. :)

Friday afternoon I heard the news just before picking up my own two children at their elementary school. My first thought was, it would never happen here, we have such a nice school. But it did happen at a similar, nice school.

I spent the afternoon trying not to let my mind go there, and grieving for those families. It is an honor to weep with those who weep, to remember them in prayer.

This is one more thing in life that makes no sense to me. I used to have perfect little answers to life.

I guess that's part of being young, thinking I know everything. But, you know what, I'm okay with not having all the answers now. I realize that it's not my job to have it all figured out. I'm letting go of some of that and really focusing on what is put in front of me. 

Cherishing my family. Finding beauty in the small things. Loving God without understanding everything. 


"if you have love in your heart, let it show, while you can"





3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more! i too think that egg shells are incredibly beautiful...the colors, the texture... amazing God's creation. And I too use to feel I had all the answers, but I find it's much better to just love people and try to be an encouragement when you can. Beautiful photos...

    ReplyDelete
  2. When our world is turned upside down by a horrendous event one can look for and find the beauty in the simple wholesome things of life like brown eggshells in a bowl and rising bread dough.
    Annie

    ReplyDelete