Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Springtime has arrived...

... in the form of baby chicks!








So what if we woke up to freezing temps. and ice covered everything, we have springtime in our house!





The children won't leave them alone - so thrilled. Before bed last night, Big Sister had to run down one last time to tell them goodnight.





We have striped ones, yellow ones, black ones - 27 in all.

For those of you who are local, I will be trying to sell some as we won't have room for all of them. I had to order at least 25.

The order form says that I have Araucanas, Silver Laced Wyandottes, Barred Rocks, Buff Orpingtons and Speckled Sussex. I'm taking their word for it, still trying to figure out which is which, or what.

So, let me know if you're interested!







I found some platters to add to my plate collection so hopefully soon I'll be able to hang them above my couch. I'll post pictures to show!









5 comments:

  1. They are soooo cute!!! We're glad they arrived safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love baby Chicks! How exciting for the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know when you are ready to share them...if its after april we may be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa, I would also be interested in two or three when they're ready, let me know how much you want for them. So much fun reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to get mine!!! They are so cute but they grow fast!

    ReplyDelete