Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My 'Green' Living Room


I have finished painting my living room and while I love how clean and fresh it feels, I must say, I am not thrilled with how the color came out.



It is just so green, I thought it would have more gray, neutral tones, instead it's so green.

The rug is something that I would like to change out, eventually. I got it on clearance at Pottery Barn years ago and since then, my tastes have changed. But for now I'm trying to be happy with it - one good thing, it hides dirt beautifully!


All my dark brown wood accents do really pop against the green. And I think it may tone down some when I get more on the walls. ( All this I've been telling myself to make me feel better.)



I'm thinking about slip-covering my couch in white drop-cloths. Gettting up my nerve to try!





I'm looking for some old white platters and plates to hang above the couch, something like this.



I've been happy with the wall color in my kitchen. The ceiling is high and I get more light in the windows, this somehow tones down the green.

If I do repaint I'll probably go with a neutral, very light color with more gray tones.

I have found a lovely blog, Home and Harmony. I love some of the wall colors in this home. Actually, I am in love with everything in her house. 

Right now, I'm listening to a collection of scriptures put to music that she and her husband recorded.

Very peaceful and inspiring. Go here to listen to a few free songs if you like!



6 comments:

  1. your home is beautiful! -kristy dunavant

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the green color. I wouldn't change a thing about it. Its beautiful.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the green! In the pictures it looks like just enough color to not be lost. But I also know that pictures don't always show the true color. It reminds me of summer days with fresh mowed grass and lots of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great! When you get more stuff on the walls that will really tone it down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is the most beautiful neutral green I've ever seen. Came across this page while looking for ideas for my room - and this is my favorite so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color! Could you post the name, please?

    ReplyDelete