Monday, July 11, 2011

My Weekend Project




I bought this at Goodwill a while ago and wanted to have some fun with it.

I was thinking I would put it in my boy's room for toy storage but for now it's on the back porch.

Wouldn't it look cute with some old wooden baseball bats and gloves in it? I'll have to find some...


I just primed and then painted one coat of leftover white paint and then one more coat of some gray that I had laying around.

The number 74 has no significance, I asked my husband what number I should use and that's what he suggested!


I spayed three coats of a clear coat protectant since I sanded it quite a lot. It should hold up well..

It was quick and easy-perfect for a summer weekend!



7 comments:

  1. It looks great!! i love fast projects like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! It would look great with old sports equipment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this--looks like a real vintage crate. I especially love the added touch of the stenciled number. Thanks for linking up to my party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really lovely project, love the stencilled number :)
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. I've just had a quick look around your blog and decided to become a follower...I love to see pictures of actual renovations that include the good, the bad and the ugly bits :) Your home looks lovely!
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job, I love the grey and white and the number, perfect for storage!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The finished product is perfect.
    The number looks just right so it must be the right number.

    ReplyDelete